

Adding the last state to our list, lucky number 13. Hmmm....
Well, finding an apartment is actually a tad bit easier than in Seattle because they have rental agents here, and the good ones don't charge you money; they make money through the apartment management company.
We saw three apartments the day after getting into Boston, and it was between a two bedroom, two bath 1100 square foot apartment about 2 miles from the "T" (subway line), or a 750 square foot one bedroom one bath about 2 steps from the T.
After some hemming and hawing, we decided to go with the latter. Not only are we super close to the T for easy access to downtown (about a 15 minute train ride), but we're a five minute walk away from the mosque, the grocery store, the bank, etc. Pretty dang convenient. We do pay more than Seattle for about half as much space (ouch!), but it's worth it. With Win being gone half of the time, it's not so bad. Besides, less crap to clutter up the apartment with (see the first blog entry with said crap).


The kitchen: the most important part of the apartment. Not as big as our last place, but it still works. I'm worried though because all the appliances are new, which means I will get them dirty, which means Win will get mad at me.


Our living room on the left, and our bedroom on the right. Now that I'm looking at these pictures, this place does not seem that big at all, but I'll post some after pictures later with all of our furniture and you'll see it's actually quite spacious. Indeed, sometimes I get lost in the apartment.
OK, not really.
Well that concludes our arrival. Now we just have to get acquainted with Boston and catch up on 400 years of history.
No comments:
Post a Comment